Currency Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Early Star Fanatic
Early Star Fanatic
Admin
https://currency-kingdom.forumotion.com

We Need a Price Guide Empty We Need a Price Guide

Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:33 pm
Seeing that this is my forum I can say what I want. On that other train wreck: PMF, I posted this subject and it got taken down and archived, yet other people can post their currency gallery website, with no repercussions. 

That forum is a waste of time. This is 100 percent on topic. 

Anyway, S/L has not been updated for 10+ years, and we are now in DESPERATE need of a price guide. 

Look no further, I have a price guide in the census report that is currently under construction. I will be adding more soon. This part of the forum does require membership though. 

Many collectors now use Heritage, eBay sold listings, and other archives to determine the value of a note. This is not always suitable, as there are many notes that have never sold on these venues. A good example is some of the 1934 DGS non mule $5 FRN stars, other notes only sold once or twice, and the last sale may have been 20 years ago. 

While I am doing an online guide here, it would REALLY be nice to have a paper book that collectors and dealers can hold in their hands. 

What are other's thoughts on this ?

Early Star Fanatic and major976a like this post

major976a

We Need a Price Guide Empty Re: We Need a Price Guide

Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:29 am
It is surprising that nobody has stepped up to the plate on creating a new price guide.

I agree that removing this off the main forum on PMF was a dirty, low, petty, and cheap move.

I'll just stick on this forum.

Early Star Fanatic likes this post

Early Star Fanatic
Early Star Fanatic
Admin

Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:37 pm
I totally agree major.

There has been talk about a new price guide for several years, but nobody seems to want to step up to the plate.

At least THIS forum is in the works of some sort of price guide.

Towards the end of the year, and over the upcoming Winter, we should have it completed.

historyfrk219

Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:35 am
Yes, a new guide is desperately needed, especially to help new collectors who want to start in the small size realm.

Are there areas of the old guide, when it comes to Low-High serial numbers, that have significantly changed over the past decade?

larry510 likes this post

Early Star Fanatic
Early Star Fanatic
Admin

Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:45 pm
historyfrk219 wrote:Yes, a new guide is desperately needed, especially to help new collectors who want to start in the small size realm.

Are there areas of the old guide, when it comes to Low-High serial numbers, that have significantly changed over the past decade?

In the $10 1934 mule stars, there are some BIG changes.

$10 1934 I star mule low: I00302548*

My note:
We Need a Price Guide 1934_i14

J star mule low: J00189869*

My note:
We Need a Price Guide 1934_j13

The low for K star mule is K00297430*, but I have K00140936*

major976a likes this post

larry510
larry510
Admin

Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:02 pm
historyfrk219 wrote:Yes, a new guide is desperately needed, especially to help new collectors who want to start in the small size realm.

The low/high serials are something that I have always been interested in.  Since the 10th edition of S&L I have discovered at least 6 new high or low serial numbers on just red seals alone.  Hopefully any new book that might happen in the future will carry on the low/high numbers.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum