Currency Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
major976a

This forum and the collecting community  Empty This forum and the collecting community

Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:43 am
A huge hats off to Bill for starting this forum.

I was sceptical of joining, but after seeing the trainwreck called paper money forum, wow, what a breath of fresh air over here.

I was banned a few days ago on pmf, for absolutely no reason.

I met Bill at the Manchester coin show, this past April, and we live within a mile from each other.

I am going to spread the word about this forum.

Early Star Fanatic and larry510 like this post

larry510
larry510
Admin

This forum and the collecting community  Empty Re: This forum and the collecting community

Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:27 pm
That other forum has become garbage. Way too boring for me.

Early Star Fanatic and major976a like this post

Early Star Fanatic
Early Star Fanatic
Admin
https://currency-kingdom.forumotion.com

This forum and the collecting community  Empty Re: This forum and the collecting community

Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:51 pm
larry510 wrote:That other forum has become garbage.  Way too boring for me.  

The sad part is that if anyone points this out to admin, that there is a problem, they get banned.

It seems like tigertrader has become tone deaf, and it is a group of about 6 members over there that ruined it.

If things don't change soon over there, all of the good people will be off his forum.

A forum is only as good as its members, and to keep members, they need to be treated fairly.

A certain member over there, claims that this forum is a failure. I would rather have 50 members that are like minded and get along, than 500 members and a chaotic forum.

Early Star Fanatic, larry510 and major976a like this post

major976a

Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:02 pm
It sounds like a forum that lost its way, and eventually will be in decline.

A forum that rules with an iron fist and cannot appreciate it's members, will eventually fail.
larry510
larry510
Admin

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:31 pm
major976a wrote:It sounds like a forum that lost its way, and eventually will be in decline.

A forum that rules with an iron fist and cannot appreciate it's members, will eventually fail.

My issue with the other forum is that it's a big hodgepodge of off the wall things.  Things that are of zero interest to me.  It's like a bunch of people came in hiding behind aliases and turned it into a wasteland.  It's nothing like it was 5 or 10 years ago when everyone knew one another and it was primarily a U.S. small and large size dedicated forum.

Early Star Fanatic and major976a like this post

Early Star Fanatic
Early Star Fanatic
Admin
https://currency-kingdom.forumotion.com

Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:25 pm
larry510 wrote:
major976a wrote:It sounds like a forum that lost its way, and eventually will be in decline.

My issue with the other forum is that it's a big hodgepodge of off the wall things.  Things that are of zero interest to me.  It's like a bunch of people came in hiding behind aliases and turned it into a wasteland.  It's nothing like it was 5 or 10 years ago when everyone knew one another and it was primarily a U.S. small and large size dedicated forum.

Notice over here, there is a foreign section only  

This keeps the U.S. section from getting cluttered up with nonsense. 

It also makes it easier for foreign collectors to have their section, free of U.S. material.

Adding: I agree with major976a: The forum (PMF) has lost its way, and as Larry said, it is nothing like it was five or ten years ago. 

I also agree that PMF is in decline ( look at what it was in 2018). All of the big guns have largely moved on, except for a small handful. 

This is another reason that I started this forum, we need a forum that has great small size content and also large size.

major976a likes this post

larry510
larry510
Admin

Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:01 am
You are right. The big guns have moved on from that forum. I can't remember the last time The Rock posted over there. Or Greg Muselli. Or Ron Foley. Or Kraig Tripp. Even Robert Calderman (Tookybandit) isn't nearly as active as he used to be.

Definitely better to keep the foreign stuff separate.

Early Star Fanatic likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum