Currency Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
major976a

Why is this forum dead lately ?? Empty Why is this forum dead lately ??

Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:51 pm
I haven't posted much here, because I have been busy lately.

With all of the good information on this forum, along with a library and so much more, what's the deal with the cold shoulder ?

That other forum is where all the action is, but it has become a hodge podge of useless boring crap.

I guess useless boring crap is the in thing.

Oh well, I will just stick on this forum, I am learning a lot.

Early Star Fanatic likes this post

Early Star Fanatic
Early Star Fanatic
Admin
https://currency-kingdom.forumotion.com

Why is this forum dead lately ?? Empty Re: Why is this forum dead lately ??

Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:51 pm
I ask the same question.

This is the BEST forum out there, in regards to early small size data.

This is part of the reason I made the BEP library and census data, member's only. Oh well, their loss !

I really don't care.

The funny thing is that everyone bitched when off topic was removed from that other train wreck, yet, I have provided members with a census area, library, and separated US from foreign. Let them stick with status quo.

Last edited by Early Star Fanatic on Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Early Star Fanatic
Early Star Fanatic
Admin

Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:10 pm
I think I have a solution.

We have several fresh faces coming on board in the next few months.

I am going to bring new faces to this forum, and hopefully have a new breed of researchers and collectors. This is as long as they don't outbid me on anything ;c)
larry510
larry510
Admin

Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:56 pm
It's baffling what happened to the old forum. Several prominent collector's I know will no longer post over there because they don't like the current atmosphere
Early Star Fanatic
Early Star Fanatic
Admin

Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:49 am
larry510 wrote:It's baffling what happened to the old forum.  Several prominent collector's I know will no longer post over there because they don't like the current atmosphere

Yet they will not post over here either, even though we have a very friendly environment, as well as the layout that everyone was begging for on that other forum.

I could use their help over here, in the BEP library and census material. I will have material useful to them in the future, but I will be posting it exclusively here.

If people don't want to take the time to join our forum, they will have to find any new data that I come across, themselves. I am no longer doing all the leg work, sharing with everyone, and getting nothing in return. Those days are over.

larry510 likes this post

larry510
larry510
Admin

Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:55 pm
I think Facebook groups are now dominating over forums. Sign of the times. I still prefer a good forum but times are changing apparently

Early Star Fanatic
Early Star Fanatic
Admin

Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:48 am
larry510 wrote:I think Facebook groups are now dominating over forums.  Sign of the times. I still prefer a good forum but times are changing apparently

Even our FB group is dead.

Other public groups that talk about boring stuff, get more members in a month, than our group has gotten in a year.

Our group will be going private in the next day or so. I will be doing major work on the group, after that.

larry510 likes this post

larry510
larry510
Admin

Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:48 am
The problem with Facebook is that there are just too many groups now. Too many had a big headstart. Most are looking for fancy serial number and star groups that promote finding modern stuff in circulation. That's apparently all that today's younger people are interested in.

Early Star Fanatic
Early Star Fanatic
Admin

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:53 pm
larry510 wrote:The problem with Facebook is that there are just too many groups now.  Too many had a big headstart.  Most are looking for fancy serial number and star groups that promote finding modern stuff in circulation.  That's apparently all that today's younger people are interested in.

This is prevalent on most of the forums as well.

Will these younger collectors evolve into serious collectors ?

What is the future market of pre 1950 material, especially rare circulated star notes ?

I am 45, and hope to collect for another 20 years, but will the Gen Z crowd purchase or even be interested in pre 1950 stars ?

Will these younger collectors be interested in serial number data for early small size and large size notes, or are we a dying breed ?

larry510 likes this post

larry510
larry510
Admin

Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:38 pm
Sadly I think we are a dying breed. However I believe that all hope is not lost just yet. What we really need is a new book to replace the ancient 10th edition of S&L which is now 12 years outdated.
major976a

Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:47 pm
We need a new guide.

We need to teach new collectors about the great topics and rare notes, listed here on this forum.

Early Star Fanatic and larry510 like this post

Early Star Fanatic
Early Star Fanatic
Admin

Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:22 pm
major976a wrote:We need a new guide.

We need to teach new collectors about the great topics and rare notes, listed here on this forum.

Couldn't agree more.

We also need to re assess what notes are rare, and which ones are not.

I provide a price guide, pop report, and other data for many rare stars, for the MEMBERS of this forum.

This work is daunting, so I am not going to post it for people to just come on the forum, take what they need, and move on.

If people can't take the time to join (and hopefully contribute to) the forum, then they don't want the information that bad, and can go to College Park MD and get it themselves.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum